LANDSDOWNE, Md. -
Twenty-seven senior citizens are in temporary housing and a firefighter was hurt after flames raced through a senior apartment complex Friday night.
Firefighters were called to the Coursey Station Apartments on 200 1 st Avenue in Landsdowne around 10 p.m. Friday for a report of an alarm sounding. Crews arriving at the scene found smoky conditions and discovered a fire in the electric panels of the building which then spread to the attic.
The residents of the building run by Catholic Charities were evacuated and the flames were brought under control at 2:30am.
A fire fighter was taken to the hospital with an ankle injury and one person was treated for chest pains.
The Baltimore County Fire Department, County Emergency Management and the Red Cross worked with the complex management to find temporary housing for the 27 displaced residents.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Inside the Baltimore Police Department's watch center is the hub from which city police can view hundreds of crime cameras, pull up street corners and follow suspicious activity sometimes in progress; fancy hardware increasingly complimenting witty software.
ABC2 Investigators uncover Baltimore Police officers making huge amounts of overtime as the agency downplays the total amount spent on OT.
Scripps reviewed dozens of lawsuits and spoke with former insiders who all allege the companies that handle Berkshire Hathaway Inc.’s asbestos and pollution claims, wrongfully delay or deny payment to cancer victims...
More Baltimore County News
On Monday, December 9th, he along with several of his teammates will act as personal shoppers for kids, while they pick out presents for their families at the Target in Pikesville.