Baltimore County police will install new speeds cameras this week.
The new locations include:
• Scotts Level Road between Winands Road and Autrim Lane near Winands Elementary
• Goucher Boulevard between Putty Hill Avenue and LaSalle Road near Loch Raven Academy
• Seven Courts Drive between Joppa Road and Proctor Lane near Seven Oaks Elementary
• Smith Avenue (southbound) near Bais Yaakov
• Harford Road between Putty Hill Avenue and I-695 near St. Ursula's
The five new cameras are in addition to the 17 cameras now operating in Baltimore County.
Since the cameras are in school zones, they will only be used Monday through Friday, between the hours of 6a.m. and 8p.m.
TRENDING NOW | 10 tornadoes hit Maryland, see damage pictures
Drivers who exceed the speed limit by 12 miles per hour, within the first 30 days of camera activation, will receive warnings instead of citations.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
SPECIAL REPORT | Thousands of child care center inspections reports are NOW AVAILABLE. Find out what inspectors founds inside day care centers across the state.
SPECIAL REPORT | When it's out of your hands, when your life is at the mercy of an armed, masked man staring down at you from the barrel of a gun in your own home, you grasp at whatever it is you can control; breathing, composure, or faith.
SPECIAL REPORT | ABC2 Investigator Joce Sterman has reviewed thousands of pages of documents for her Bad Medicine report.
More Baltimore County News
An elderly woman who was hit by a car on Saturday while crossing the street with her husband has died as a result of her injuries.