COCKEYSVILLE, Md. (WMAR) - A small kitchen fire forced several senior citizens out of their assisted living apartments in Cockeysville Saturday night, officials said.
A spokesman for the Baltimore County Fire Department said about twelve pieces of equipment were called to the Warren Place apartments located in the old Cockeysville Elementary School for a report of a fire. When fire crews arrived they quickly put out a minor kitchen fire. No one was hurt, but water from the sprinkler system damaged three units in addition to the one affected by the flames.
The Red Cross is assisting the residents whose units are not inhabitable due to smoke and water damage. The Department of Aging has also been notified according to a fire official.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Inside the Baltimore Police Department's watch center is the hub from which city police can view hundreds of crime cameras, pull up street corners and follow suspicious activity sometimes in progress; fancy hardware increasingly complimenting witty software.
ABC2 Investigators uncover Baltimore Police officers making huge amounts of overtime as the agency downplays the total amount spent on OT.
Scripps reviewed dozens of lawsuits and spoke with former insiders who all allege the companies that handle Berkshire Hathaway Inc.’s asbestos and pollution claims, wrongfully delay or deny payment to cancer victims...
More Baltimore County News