COCKEYSVILLE, Md. (WMAR) - A small kitchen fire forced several senior citizens out of their assisted living apartments in Cockeysville Saturday night, officials said.
A spokesman for the Baltimore County Fire Department said about twelve pieces of equipment were called to the Warren Place apartments located in the old Cockeysville Elementary School for a report of a fire. When fire crews arrived they quickly put out a minor kitchen fire. No one was hurt, but water from the sprinkler system damaged three units in addition to the one affected by the flames.
The Red Cross is assisting the residents whose units are not inhabitable due to smoke and water damage. The Department of Aging has also been notified according to a fire official.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
SPECIAL REPORT | Thousands of child care center inspections reports are NOW AVAILABLE. Find out what inspectors founds inside day care centers across the state.
SPECIAL REPORT | When it's out of your hands, when your life is at the mercy of an armed, masked man staring down at you from the barrel of a gun in your own home, you grasp at whatever it is you can control; breathing, composure, or faith.
SPECIAL REPORT | ABC2 Investigator Joce Sterman has reviewed thousands of pages of documents for her Bad Medicine report.