TOWSON, Md. -
It was a cold night for some at this assisted living building in Towson. About 20 people were forced out of the building after a fire broke out inside a trash compactor.
It happened at the "Virginia Towers" near the Towson Town Center around 11 last night.
The fire was contained to the trash compactor, but smoke spread throughout several floors of the building.
No one was injured.
Several MTA buses were brought in to provide shelter for residents. They were allowed to return to the building about 2 hours later.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
SPECIAL REPORT | Thousands of child care center inspections reports are NOW AVAILABLE. Find out what inspectors founds inside day care centers across the state.
SPECIAL REPORT | When it's out of your hands, when your life is at the mercy of an armed, masked man staring down at you from the barrel of a gun in your own home, you grasp at whatever it is you can control; breathing, composure, or faith.
SPECIAL REPORT | ABC2 Investigator Joce Sterman has reviewed thousands of pages of documents for her Bad Medicine report.
More Baltimore County News
With temperatures on the rise, parents are concerned about their sons and daughters spending over six hours a day without proper air conditioning in some Baltimore County schools.