TOWSON, Md. -
It was a cold night for some at this assisted living building in Towson. About 20 people were forced out of the building after a fire broke out inside a trash compactor.
It happened at the "Virginia Towers" near the Towson Town Center around 11 last night.
The fire was contained to the trash compactor, but smoke spread throughout several floors of the building.
No one was injured.
Several MTA buses were brought in to provide shelter for residents. They were allowed to return to the building about 2 hours later.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Inside the Baltimore Police Department's watch center is the hub from which city police can view hundreds of crime cameras, pull up street corners and follow suspicious activity sometimes in progress; fancy hardware increasingly complimenting witty software.
ABC2 Investigators uncover Baltimore Police officers making huge amounts of overtime as the agency downplays the total amount spent on OT.
Scripps reviewed dozens of lawsuits and spoke with former insiders who all allege the companies that handle Berkshire Hathaway Inc.’s asbestos and pollution claims, wrongfully delay or deny payment to cancer victims...
More Baltimore County News
The official start to winter is still about two weeks away.
Still, that hasn’t stopped Mother Nature from bringing a healthy dose of winter weather to the Baltimore area over the last three days.