BALTIMORE - Parking in Baltimore is difficult enough on a normal day. Add 26,000 runners and a few dozen street closures and traversing Charm City could be a nightmare, unless you have a sturdy pair of sneakers.
Follow ABC2 News on Facebook and Twitter .
The annual Baltimore Running Festival strides into town this weekend complete with a 26.2-mile marathon course.
Organizers are imposing a number of parking restrictions and are advising drivers to plan ahead for temporary road closures throughout the day.
Anyone with questions about the location of their parked vehicle should call 311.
For anyone else braving the Saturday traffic, be advised for the following parking restrictions and road closures, courtesy of the Baltimore City Department of Transportation:
Parking Restrictions, Oct. 12:
- Linwood Avenue from Eastern Avenue to Fayette Street 12:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Eastern Avenue (north side) from Linwood to Patterson Park Avenues 12:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Boston Street (north side) from Aliceanna Street to Lakewood Avenue 2:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Lancaster Street from President Street to Caroline Street 4:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- E. 33rd Street from Hillen Road to Guilford Avenue 4:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Eutaw Street (west side) from Madison to Monument Streets 4:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Howard Street (west side) from 23rd to 28th Streets 4:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Wyman Park Drive from Remington Avenue to Art Museum Drive 5:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Camden Street from Paca to Howard Streets 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- St. Paul Street (upper level) from Franklin to Saratoga Streets 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
- Baltimore Street (south side) from President Street to Patterson Park Avenue 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Key Highway (south side) from Battery Avenue to Covington Street 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Hamburg Street from Light to William Streets 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 noon
- Battery Avenue (east side) from Warren Avenue to Key Highway 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Fayette Street (south side) from Gay to Calvert Streets 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Street Closures, Oct. 12:
- Paca Street from Pratt to Lombard Street 5:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
- Camden Street from Paca to Howard Streets 6:30 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Russell Street from Lee to Pratt Streets 6:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Eutaw Street from Pratt to Camden Streets 7:00 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Russell Street at Hamburg Street 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Hamburg Street Bridge from Russell to Leadenhall Streets 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Key Highway from Cross to Light Streets 8:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- Light Street from Lombard Street to Key Highway 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Light Street from Cross to Hamburg Streets 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- William Street from Cross to Hamburg Streets 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Roads with lane closures, Oct. 12:
- Paca Street from Lombard to McCulloh Streets 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
- McCulloh Street from Paca Street to Gwynns Falls Parkway 8:10 a.m. - 8:50 a.m.
- Gwynns Falls Parkway from Beechwood Drive to Wyman Park Drive (in Druid Hill Park) 8:15 a.m. - 9:50 a.m.
- Wyman Park Drive from Remington Avenue to W. 28th Street 8:25 a.m. - 9:35 a.m.
- W. 28th Street from Howard to St. Paul Streets 8:30 a.m. - 9:50 a.m.
- St. Paul Street from W. 28th to Light Streets 8:35 a.m. - 10:10 a.m.
- Light Street from Hamburg Street to William Street to Warren Street to Battery Avenue to Key Highway 8:45 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.
- Key Highway from Battery Avenue to Key Highway Extension to Tide Point 8:55 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Tide Point to Key Highway Extension to Key Highway to Light Street 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Light Street to Pratt Street to President Street to Lancaster Street 9:05 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Aliceanna Street from President to Boston Streets 9:10 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Boston Street to Lakewood Avenue to O'Donnell St. to Linwood Avenue 9:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Linwood Avenue from O'Donnell Street to Madison Street 9:20 a.m. to 12:40 p.m.
- Madison Street from Linwood Avenue to Washington Street to St. Lo Drive 9:25 a.m. to 12:50 p.m.
- Harford Road from St. Lo Drive to 30th Street to Hillen Road 9:30 a.m. to 1:05 p.m.
- Hillen Road from Lake Montebello to E. 33rd Street to Guilford Avenue 9:45 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Guilford Avenue from E. 33rd to W. 29th Streets 9:50 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- W. 29th Street from Guilford Avenue to Howard Street 9:55 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- Howard Street from W. 29th Street to Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Eutaw St. from Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard to finish at M&T Bank Stadium 10:10 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
- Please note that traffic along Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard will remain open in both directions during the race.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.