GLEN BURNIE - A three-year-old boy lost part of his nose when he was bitten by a dog Saturday night.
Police were called to the 200 block of Glen Road around 6:30 p.m. for a report of a dog bite. When officers got there, they found the child had been bitten by a neighbor’s lab/terrier mix.
Police say the boy may have put his face through a hole under the fence when he was bit. The dog was in his own yard at the time of the incident.
The injured child was initially taken to Baltimore Washington Medical Center by his parents. Emergency personnel went back to the house and found part of the boy’s nose and he was taken to Johns Hopkins Pediatric Trauma Center for further treatment.
The owners of the dog turned it over to Animal Control who will conduct further investigation into the incident.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Buy Local Buy Maryland
Buy Local, Buy Maryland is a customer savings club that features locally owned businesses. Card holders can save money by shopping in the stores featured in this exclusive program!
Inside the Baltimore Police Department's watch center is the hub from which city police can view hundreds of crime cameras, pull up street corners and follow suspicious activity sometimes in progress; fancy hardware increasingly complimenting witty software.
ABC2 Investigators uncover Baltimore Police officers making huge amounts of overtime as the agency downplays the total amount spent on OT.
Scripps reviewed dozens of lawsuits and spoke with former insiders who all allege the companies that handle Berkshire Hathaway Inc.’s asbestos and pollution claims, wrongfully delay or deny payment to cancer victims...
More Anne Arundel County News
Thousands of homes were in the dark Wednesday night after Baltimore Gas and Electric reports downed power lines in Arnold.