DENVER - A jury awarded a Colorado man more than $7 million for a bag of microwave popcorn.
Wayne Watson claims her received permanent lung damage from a bag of microwave popcorn.
Watson ate two bags of popcorn a day for years, and he believes the lung damage was caused by inhaling the fumes of a compound used on butter flavored microwave popcorn.
The manufacturer plans to appeal the judgment.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
SPECIAL REPORT | Thousands of child care center inspections reports are NOW AVAILABLE. Find out what inspectors founds inside day care centers across the state.
SPECIAL REPORT | When it's out of your hands, when your life is at the mercy of an armed, masked man staring down at you from the barrel of a gun in your own home, you grasp at whatever it is you can control; breathing, composure, or faith.
SPECIAL REPORT | ABC2 Investigator Joce Sterman has reviewed thousands of pages of documents for her Bad Medicine report.