An Oregon girl is in serious condition after her clothes mysteriously caught on fire. Doctors are now looking into whether hand sanitizer may be the cause.
The little girl was staying at the hospital being treated for a head injury when the incident happened, according to KABC. Doctors say they saw her running out of her room with her shirt on fire. They aren't sure how it started, but they did tell KABC the girl used hand sanitizer and wiped it on her shirt right before it caught fire.
The hospital is waiting for the fire marshal to finish the investigation.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
SPECIAL REPORT | Thousands of child care center inspections reports are NOW AVAILABLE. Find out what inspectors founds inside day care centers across the state.
SPECIAL REPORT | When it's out of your hands, when your life is at the mercy of an armed, masked man staring down at you from the barrel of a gun in your own home, you grasp at whatever it is you can control; breathing, composure, or faith.
SPECIAL REPORT | ABC2 Investigator Joce Sterman has reviewed thousands of pages of documents for her Bad Medicine report.