Here are some tips to make sure your kids dress warmly as they head off to school.
· Dress them in loose fitting layers.
· Clothing that is wind and waterproof is best. That means wool instead of cotton.
· Make sure their hands, head, faces and neck are well covered.
· And if they do get cold, here's a tip to help warm up. The farther away a body part is from your heart the faster it will get cold.
· Remember, little ones may not know the signs of frost bite, like pain and numbness. So keep a good eye on them when they are outside.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Inside the Baltimore Police Department's watch center is the hub from which city police can view hundreds of crime cameras, pull up street corners and follow suspicious activity sometimes in progress; fancy hardware increasingly complimenting witty software.
ABC2 Investigators uncover Baltimore Police officers making huge amounts of overtime as the agency downplays the total amount spent on OT.
Scripps reviewed dozens of lawsuits and spoke with former insiders who all allege the companies that handle Berkshire Hathaway Inc.’s asbestos and pollution claims, wrongfully delay or deny payment to cancer victims...
New research says tens of thousands of women each year might be able to skip at least some of the grueling treatments for breast cancer without greatly harming their odds of survival.
Recognizing that deeper problems may lurk behind the botched rollout of the health care website, President Barack Obama's top health official Wednesday called for an investigation into management and contracting decisions.
A new medical center is opening in Towson.