With the number of flu cases spreading across the country a health and fitness expert has offered up 5 ways to boost your immunity naturally.
Budge Collinson is the founder of Infusion Sciences and creator of natural multivitamin producer, Youth Infusion .
You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor about your health decisions.
5 Natural Ways to Boost Immunity
· Vitamin D: This more than other Vitamins is key to preventing disease and maintaining strong bone strength. The best source of Vitamin D is sunlight but since it’s rare in the Winter, you can get your daily dose of it through certain foods like Salmon, Tuna… It’s also available through Vitamin Supplements, in pill or powder form.
· Add More Garlic to Your Diet: Eating certain foods can give you the extra boost you need to keep your immune system strong. One of those foods is garlic because of its is antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. Those help prevent infections from taking hold and spreading.
· SLEEP: When you’re body is tired, it doesn’t have the strength to fight off infection. This is why getting a good night’s rest is key in keeping disease away.
· Get Moving: Exercise is well known to being key in keeping you healthy. But doing it on a daily basis can help give your immune system an extra boost.
· Water, Water, Water: You can never say it enough. It’s increasingly important that you stay hydrated and drink water. That’s at least 6 to 8, 8 ounce glasses a day. It keeps your energy up and also helps keep your immunity up.
For more information and advice about the flu visit abc2news.com/flu .
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
SPECIAL REPORT | Thousands of child care center inspections reports are NOW AVAILABLE. Find out what inspectors founds inside day care centers across the state.
SPECIAL REPORT | When it's out of your hands, when your life is at the mercy of an armed, masked man staring down at you from the barrel of a gun in your own home, you grasp at whatever it is you can control; breathing, composure, or faith.
SPECIAL REPORT | ABC2 Investigator Joce Sterman has reviewed thousands of pages of documents for her Bad Medicine report.
If you're hoping to get a jump start on your tan this summer, the Food and Drug Administration has a warning for you.
Want your skin to look great for the summer?
There are a few things you can do between now and then to improve your glow.
A rock song says music can soothe the soul but hospitals are finding it can help premature infants and other sick babies, too.