TOWSON - Sharnae L. Smith 9405
Campbell University, Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Raleigh, NC
Juris Doctorate, Advocacy Track, May 2010
Certificate of Advocacy
North Carolina Advocates for Justice Award
Honors and Activities:
• Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law Merit Scholarship Recipient
• Black Law Students Association: Vice President
• Moot Court Board
• Intramural Moot Court Competition
• Christian Legal Society
• Student Recruitment Team
• Lexis-Nexis Certified
• Independent Study Researching Constitutional Law and the Federalist Papers (their correlation and its effect on modern day law and policy for the legislative and judicial systems)
The George Washington University, Washington, DC
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, May 2007
Towson University, Towson, MD
College of Liberal Arts, Political Science major, August 2003- May 2005
The Wright Law Group, Washington, DC June 2009 - August 2009
• Drafted memoranda for upcoming litigation of matters in child abuse and neglect cases
• Attended disposition hearing for child abuse and neglect cases
The Fund for American Studies- Legal Studies Institute, Washington, DC May 2009 - August 2009
• Studied Constitutional law as it relates to the federalist papers
• Participated in institute discussions with Justice Scalia of the U.S. Supreme Court and other local justices
Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC December 2005 - November 2006
Legislative Intern - Executive Office of the President
• Maintained the filing system for congressional appropriation bills
• Maintained presidential documents (executive orders)
• Managed correspondence of the Office of Management and Budget with various federal agencies
Washington Navy Yard, Washington, DC May 2004 – August 2004
Office Automation Clerk - Military Sealift Command
• Improved record keeping by creating databases and log books for travel and internal/external inquiries
• Conducted screening interviews with potential employees
• Created weekly activity reports for employees
• Provided administrative support for chiefs, admirals and captains
Copyright 2010 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Montgomery County school officials have adopted a calendar for the next school year without taking action on a major Muslim holiday for students.
Baltimore City Detectives are investigating after a teen was found with a gunshot wound to his chest in Southeast Baltimore Tuesday afternoon.
Secretary of the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services Gary Maynard is leaving his post, Gov. Martin O’Malley announced in a release Tuesday evening.
The official start to winter is still about two weeks away.
Still, that hasn’t stopped Mother Nature from bringing a healthy dose of winter weather to the Baltimore area over the last three days.
"It's a Big Mess," says Lt. Governor Anthony Brown about the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange.