TOWSON - Maricarmen Conley
Objective • Experience in Television and Financial industries
• Masters degree in marketing
• Bilingual: Spanish and English
• Skills: publicity, advertising writing/concept, market research, meeting planning and events, marketing program planning/design
Utilize my experience in marketing, administration and television hosting along with my Spanish and English skills to meet business goals.
Experience Spanish and English
Cooperative Corporation Centro LTD Quito, Ecuador
Nonprofit financial institution operated for the purpose of promoting thrift, providing credit at reasonable rates, other financial services to its members. The Corporation also works with poor communities to improve health, education, housing and the use of technology.
National Marketing and Training Manager 06/2008 – 01/2010
• Responsible for designing and executing marketing campaigns to expand member and client base
• Organized and conducted community events including:
-Fundraisers for needy children
-Seminars focusing on family financial education
-Match corporate donors to community projects
• Organized and participated in international conventions through out Latin America about the role of cooperatives and how to account for societal/community actions in Latin American countries
• Developed new savings and credit services for new markets based on research that were adopted by the company
RTU Television Network, Quito, Ecuador
RTU is a national television network in Ecuador that has been broadcasting since 2005. Its main goal is to promote and maintain the culture of Ecuador and keep the public informed about national and international news. RTU is unique in that it promotes the development of Ecuador-based programming and production.
TV Show Host 09/2008– 01/2010
*Hablemos de Cooperativismo* (Talk About Cooperatives)
• Introduced show/topics/news and closed the show
• Researched and produced on-air stories
• Wrote scripts for announcers
• Setup and conducted interviews
District Sales and Marketing 05/2005 – 08/2006
• Increased the number of advertisers by more than 300 percent
• Represented the network at conferences to introduce it to the public and media
• Created and designed advertisements to promote the network in all forms of media
• Compiled and analyzed statistics and strategies to increase viewers for the network and clients.
InterExchange, Annapolis (MD) and New York City (NY)
InterExchange offers cultural exchange experiences through au pair, camp, intern, work and travel programs in the USA and worldwide.
Au-pair 08/2006 – 05/2008
• Became an Au-pair to improve English language skills and learn about American Culture to assist in future business career.
Petroproduccion, Quito, Ecuador
Government's largest enterprise dedicated to petroleum refining
Intern, Health Guaranty and Insurance Department 01/2005 – 05/2005
• Reviewed and confirmed prescription claims
• Analyzed claim receipts
• Calculated payments to clients
Education La Dolorosa High School, Quito, Ecuador
• High school diploma in Physics and Mathematics, 07/2000
Army Polytechnic School ,Quito, Ecuador
• Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, 05/12/2006
Escuela Europea de Negocios, Madrid, Spain
• Masters in Marketing and Sales, 03/31/2008
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Copyright 2010 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Montgomery County school officials have adopted a calendar for the next school year without taking action on a major Muslim holiday for students.
Fire crews battled a deadly two alarm fire at the Marble Hall Apartments early Thursday morning.
More than 80,000 Baltimore County residents will be notified of an unsafe chemical in their drinking water over the next few weeks.
The Enoch Pratt Free Library in Baltimore is displaying thousands of historic Christmas cards.
Northbound Jones Falls Expressway lanes have reopened at Cold Spring Lane after an accident, Baltimore police confirmed via Twitter.