BALTIMORE, MD - KAREN HOLLAND
CERTIFIED REGISTERED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
CphT with experience in a model pharmacy and externship experience. Highest grade point average. Previous med monitoring and experience working with the elderly, mentally and physically challenged adults. Additional healthcare experience as a residential counselor/living assistant. Known for dedication to providing premium patient care. Skills include:
— Medical Terminology
— Anatomy and Physiology
— Data Entry (45 WPM) — Pharmacy Dispensing Process
— Have Malpractice Insurance
— Brand/Generic set up
— I.V. knowledge — CDL with Passenger, Hazmat,
Airbrakes, and school bus endorsements
— Patient Education
— HIPAA & JCAHO Knowledge
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CphT), 2010
Certified in First Aid, Present
High School Diploma, Dunbar Senior High School, 1992 — Baltimore, MD 21231
Sojourner Douglass College, 2010 Pharmacy Tech Certificate
Sojourner – Douglass College
Internship- Certified Pharmacy Technician, 2010
Assisted Pharmacist Ruth C. Davis, (Renowned Pharmacist for over 44yrs), as well as peers in ensuring optimal patient care and smooth daily functioning of Pharmacy. Key Results:
• Consistently praised for efficient handling of administrative duties (e.g., answering phones, data entry, calculation of day’s supply and mls for liquid prescriptions, maintaining medical records, and patient processing, which allowed Pharmacist to focus on the health concerns of their patients.
• Demonstrated proficiency in taking patient medical profiles, as well as in performing customer service at checkout, compounds, watching interaction screens to alert Pharmacist, DEA # verification and checking for altered prescriptions.
• Ensured the cleanliness, sanitation and maintenance of facilities, front/back end counter and equipment.
• Helped implement practice’s quality assurance and control program. Efforts ensured compliance with HIPAA, improved patient care/satisfaction.
• Reacted calmly and effectively in emergency situations, and added the personal, caring touch that immediately put patients at ease.
Safeway Pharmacy — 2600 Boston St. Baltimore, MD
Externship- Certified Pharmacy Technician 80 Hours
Fill prescriptions using Brand/Generic setup. Assisted Pharmacist by answering patient inquiries via phone and in person, entered prescriptions and completed paperwork related to prescriptions, daily stocking, housekeeping and other duties as assigned.
“…Karen continues to be a vital member of our pharmacy technician team…possesses exceptional patient-care skills…strong command of basic pharmacy procedures and terminology…well-organized and efficient… One of the finest pharmacy technicians I have worked with throughout my 44-year career as a Pharmacist…” — Ruth Davis, Pharm D
Copyright 2010 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A Baltimore City Police officer shot a suspect in Southwest Baltimore Saturday evening.
A 12-year-old girl is in serious but stable condition after falling nearly 50 feet at Rocks State Park in Jarrettsville.
UPDATE | Police say suspicious package turned out to be a bag of clothes.
Biographical information on Maryland's contestants in the 2013 Scripps National Spelling Bee