TOWSON - Angela Ivy Gustus, MPA
I seek a management opportunity that will utilize my 15 years of progressively responsible professional experience—as an administrator, advocate, mentor, and public speaker—as well as allow me to serve as a change agent supporting organizations to achieve their goals.
Baruch College – City University of New York New York, NY
September 2010 – Awarded Master of Public Administration Degree
Morgan State University Baltimore, Maryland
June 2001 – Awarded Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology
The New York Foundling – New York, NY 2009 – 2010
Special Assistant to the Executive Director and Assistant Executive Director of Human Resources
• Conducted a comprehensive multilevel organizational assessment related to opportunities for personnel growth within the agency.
• Established an emergent succession plan for the executive director by working directly with the Board of Director’s governance committee and other members of the leadership team.
• Developed a Management / Supervisors training curriculum for new and current supervisors within the agency
• Designed a Leadership Development Program for first time supervisors, providing them with the tools needed to enable them to make a successful transition into a leadership role.
• Facilitated an assessment process with the senior staff in order to incorporate succession planning into the organization’s strategic plan and in their respective departments.
The Coordinating Center - Baltimore, MD 2008 – 2009
Service Coordinator, Living at Home Waiver
• Designed and facilitated training for personnel regarding client rights and staff responsibilities.
• Developed Plans of Service to obtain state approval for waiver services by preparing written documentation and fiscal/budgetary reports to meet all regulatory guidelines set by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene for the state of Maryland.
• Coordinated training programs for personnel in conjunction with the staff development committee.
The Arc Northern Chesapeake Region - Harford County, MD 2006 – 2008
Supportive Living Coordinator, Residential Services for Adults with Disabilities
• Supervised personnel in a residential program for adults with developmental and mental health disabilities. Carried out disciplinary actions and/or terminated employees as needed.
• Created and facilitated training focused on advocacy, providing services within the community, budgeting, and leadership development.
• Implemented strict budgetary guidelines, developed new initiatives; reviewed existing programs; and provided quarterly reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Maintained program services through interagency communication with other providers in the community, as well as, city, state and federal organizations and government entities.
Angela Ivy Gustus, MPA
Prologue Inc. – Pikesville, MD 2003 – 2006
Program Coordinator, Case Management Services for Adult Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program
• Established programs and psycho-educational curriculum to improve the psychiatric rehabilitation services offered.
• Supervised employees responsible for case management services in the residential and day programs.
• Monitored day-to-day operations to insure appropriate utilization of services by program participants and fiscal responsibility.
• As a member of the Utilization Review Committee, created tools to analyze chart documentation; discussed discharge planning for clients; and completed group evaluations.
Atlantic Coast Behavioral Health Services – Baltimore, MD 2002 – 2003
Program Director, Adolescent Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program
• Redesigned marketing strategies and tripled program participation; created and maintained referral resources; and established networking opportunities through public speaking engagements at other area agencies.
• Recruited, trained, and supervised personnel who provided psychiatric rehabilitation and after school program services.
• Created standardized forms and document templates to collect information and data related to daily and monthly intake and progress, as well as interagency correspondence.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center – Baltimore, MD 2000 – 2002
Rehabilitation Therapist, Adult Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program
• Created training curriculum and facilitated psycho-educational groups such as Illness Management and Education, as well as Goal Setting.
• Conducted in-service personnel training and/or coordinated guest speakers for workshops for personnel and management.
• Provided case management and maintained chart documentation—including daily and monthly progress information; development of a plan of treatment; and connectivity with benefit providers—for a caseload of 25 individuals with a chronic mental illness.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS / VOLUNTEERISM
National Urban Fellow - New York, NY 2009 – 2010
A 14 month competitive national leadership development fellowship; combining a Master’s