Baltimore - Juice is suppose to be one of those healthy drinks to kick start your morning. It all depends on what you’re drinking. According to a new study, the very best fruit juice isn't as nutritious as the fruit it originally came from. The fiber that makes a piece of fruit so filling has been stripped away: Instead of filling your belly like an apple or an orange, juice just passes through your gastrointestinal tract like a little stream of sugar. If you are a juice fan, don’t get discouraged! There is also a list of healthier options below.
Below is a list of the fruit juices with most calories and grams of sugar.
1. Ocean Spray (8 fl oz) - 130 calories, 32grams of sugar
2. Welch’s Mountain-Berry Blend (8 fl oz) - 140 calories, 33grams of sugar 3. Minute Maid Lemonade (20 fl oz bottle) - 250 calories, 67.5 g sugars 4. SoBe Elixir Cranberry Grapefruit (20 fl oz bottle) - 250 calories, 63 g sugars 5. Tropicana Grape Juice Beverage (15.2 fl oz) - 290 calories, 72 g sugars
1. Ocean Spray Cranergy Raspberry Cranberry (8 fl oz) - 35 calories, 9grams sugar
2. Bolthouse Farms 50/50 Berry (8 fl oz) - 120 calories, 28grams sugars 3. R.W. Knudsen Lemonade (8 fl oz box) - 130 calories, 30grams sugars
4. Olade Tropical Juice Beverage (16 fl oz) - 120 calories, 4grams sugars 5. Bossa Nova Acai (10 fl oz bottle) - 114 calories, 22.5grams sugars
Health experts recommend becoming a label reader. Pay attention to serving size, sugar content, and calories.
Copyright 2010 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Woman whose child care license was revoked sheds light on state's discipline process.
Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake has declared this week Museum Week in the city.
While Oklahoma is more than 1300 miles away, search and rescue crews here in Baltimore stand on the ready if needed.
If you don't feel safe from a tornado in your basement or the lowest level of your home, how about investing in a 10-gauge steel shelter buried seven-feet below ground?