Baltimore, MD -
April 26 th 2013 is National Pretzel Day! To celebrate locally Snyder's of Hanover is coming to Baltimore as part of a coast-to-coast celebration of National Pretzel Day. They will be at the Inner Harbor providing free samples of our Flavored Pretzel Pieces from a one-of-a-kind pretzel cart and offering giveaways at our interactive photo booth with props showcasing local "Baltimore flavor.
The event will be held between 3-7pm
A few fun yet, maybe unknown facts about pretzels:
· The average American eats about 2 lbs. of pretzels per year
· $1 billion pretzels are sold annually in the U.S.
· Pretzels were invented in 610 A.D. by monks as a reward for children after saying their prayers
· Hard pretzels started as an "oops!" in 1600 in Pennsylvania when a baking apprentice overcooked his dough creating a crispy and crunchy treat
· The pretzel has inspired the design and name of cars, dance moves, songs, chairs, roller coasters, parks and even twisted political thinking
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
NORAD’s child friendly ‘Santa Tracker’ program is raising some eyebrows with its inclusion of F-18 Fighter Jets that will be traveling with Santa in this year’s virtual program.