By Emily Smith CNN - In a pinch about what to eat today? Not to worry - June 15 is National Lobster Day!
To celebrate this crustacean, we decided to shell out 10 interesting lobster facts:
1. There are two main types of lobster: clawed and spiny.
2. They only turn red when cooked.
3. Lobsters have blue blood due to the copper found in the haemocyanin molecule in their blood.
4. Back in the day, lobsters were the food for the poor. They were also fed to prisoners and servants.
5. A lobster's brain is in its throat.
6. A lobster hears with its legs.
7. A lobster tastes with its feet.
8. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the largest lobster ever recorded was caught off Nova Scotia in 1977 and weighed 44 pounds.
9. A female is a "hen," a male is "cock," a "pistol" has no claws, and a "cull" has just one.
10. They're delicious, especially in overstuffed, New England-style lobster rolls.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.