Coronado Beach in San Diego, California is this year's number one beach in the country!
That's according to Dr. Stephen P. Leatherman, a coastal expert from Florida International University who just released the 22nd annual top 10 beach list.
Dr. Leatherman says Coronado Beach is popular for swimmers, surfers, sunbathers, and beachcombers alike.
The beach is 1.5 miles long, and it's set against the backdrop of the iconic Hotel del Coronado.
The complete list of this year's top ten is below.
1. Coronado Beach San Diego, California
2. Kahanamoku Beach Waikiki, Oahu, Hawaii
3. Main Beach East Hampton, New York
4. St. George Island State Park Florida panhandle
5. Hamoa Beach, Maui, Hawaii
6. Coast Guard Beach Cape Cod, Massachusetts
7. Waimanalo Bay Beach Park Oahu, Hawaii
8. Cape Florida State Park Key Biscayne, Florida
9. Beachwalker Park Kiawah Island, South Carolina
10. Cape Hatteras, Outer Banks of North Carolina
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Top Lifestyle Headlines
NORAD’s child friendly ‘Santa Tracker’ program is raising some eyebrows with its inclusion of F-18 Fighter Jets that will be traveling with Santa in this year’s virtual program.