ANNAPOLIS, Md. - Editor's Note: A previous version of this story mentioned the Trader Joe's in Towson was evacuated. That information was incorrect. The evacuation happened at the Trader Joe's in Annapolis. We apologize for the error.
Officials say a freon leak from a heating/air unit at Trader Joes in Annapolis caused an evacuation at the store Tuesday.
As of 12:27 p.m., there were reports of at least five people treated at the scene with two others taken to area hospitals.
Officials say the leak was first noticed at about 10:45 a.m. when dispatch received a 911 call reporting there was a odor inside the store. When crews arrived, they found three patients with exposure to the irritant.
Trader Joe's is expected to stay evacuated until it has been properly ventilated and deemed safe for re-entry.
Check back with ABC2 News as we continue to develop this story.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Inside the Baltimore Police Department's watch center is the hub from which city police can view hundreds of crime cameras, pull up street corners and follow suspicious activity sometimes in progress; fancy hardware increasingly complimenting witty software.
ABC2 Investigators uncover Baltimore Police officers making huge amounts of overtime as the agency downplays the total amount spent on OT.
Scripps reviewed dozens of lawsuits and spoke with former insiders who all allege the companies that handle Berkshire Hathaway Inc.’s asbestos and pollution claims, wrongfully delay or deny payment to cancer victims...