After indulging during the holiday time, it's hard to go back to eating healthy. Sometimes your body just craves some extra sugar or a slice of pizza and saying no can be pretty difficult. To make life a little easier for all of us Mia, aka Bratty Crocker, joined us at ABC 2 to share her recipes that are healthy, easy to make and yummy.
Mia has her own product called Mischief in a Mug Cake. The best part- it only takes five minutes to prepare. You can purchase the mix from her Facebook page at www.facebook.com/#!/brattybakes .
And here are the directions for baking her cake:
1. Generously grease the insides of a mug
2. Pour contents of packet into mug
3. Add 1 egg
4. Add 3 tablespoons of milk
5. Add 3 tablespoons of oil (or applesauce to make it healthier!)
6. If you want you can add chocolate chips, M&Ms or marshmallows to make it tastier.
7. Mix well and cook in microwave on high for 3 minutes.
8. Take it out of the microwave and let it cool for a minute and tip out on a plate!
Now for those of you going for the slice of pizza- well Mia has a healthier alternative for you. Why don't you try a cold veggie pizza? All you need is a pizza crust, a dip and some vegetables! Watch the video of our cooking segment to see how quick and easy it really is!
For the chocolate lovers- especially those of you who can't resist a caramel filled chocolate bar, Mia has the perfect snack. Trick your mind by making some chocolate covered figs. It's delicious, healthy and super easy to make. You just need 5 dried figs, ½ ounce dark chocolate and coarse salt (for example kosher salt).
Here are the directions:
1. Lay a piece of wax paper or parchment paper on a plate.
2. Heat dark chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave at 20 second intervals. Stir often and heat until JUST melted (chocolate burns easily in the microwave so be careful)
3. Dip ½ figs in chocolate, put on plate and dust with salt. (Make sure you cut the stems off the figs!)
4. Refrigerate for ½ hour and serve!
So remember if you're going for an unhealthy snack- there is always a healthier version of it. If you want chips, try popcorn instead (of course without a lot of butter) or if you're in the mood for some fries try sweet potato fries instead.
If you want to learn more about Mia and her other recipes check out her Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/brattybakes .